1. Sometimes I wish I ______ in a different time and a different place.
A. be living B. were living
C. would live D. would have lived
2. In a sudden ______ of anger, the man tore up everything within reach.
A. attack B. burst C. split D. blast
3. ______ she realized it was too late to go home.
A. No sooner it grew dark than B. Hardly did it grow dark that
C. Scarcely had it grown dark than D. It was not until dark that
4. In Britain people ______ four million tons of potatoes every year.
A. swallow B. dispose C. consume D. exhaust
5. The computer revolution may well change society as ______ as did the Industrial Revolution.
A. certainly B. insignificantly
C. fundamentally D. comparatively