1. If you come across any errors in the article during proofreading, please report _____ to the managing editor.
A. it B. itself C. them D. themselves
2. The company’s new headquarters office based at Canary Wharf is _______ larger than the old one.
A. considerably B. notoriously C. additionally D. optionally
3. Despite numerous delays and problems in training the kitchen staff, the restaurant opened on schedule and received _______ positive reviews from critics.
A. surprise B. surprisingly C. surprised D. surprises
4. _______ the poor weather conditions, the airport authorities were not canceling or delaying any outgoing flights.
A. Despite B. Apart C. Aside D. Around
5. The Hannaford Holding Firm _______ last week that it will not meet its earnings quota for the next quarter.
A. announces B. is announced
C. announced D. was announced