6. The rest of the day was entirely at his ______ for reading or recreation.
A. dismissal B. survival C. disposal D. arrival
7. ______ the enormous flow of food from the entire globe, these countries have for many years not felt any population pressure.
A. Thanks to B. By means of
C. In line with D. With regard to
8. Urban crowdedness would be greatly relieved if only the ______ charged on public transport were more reasonable.
A. fees B. fares C. payments D. costs
9. The machine _______ all of the problems on the production line will be replaced next week.
A. causing B. causes C. caused D. was causing
10. If the location had been closer to my company, I _______ buying the property.
A. am considering B. will be considering
C. would have considered D. could consider